American Medical Association
BINDING AND SIZE
Spiralbound, 81⁄2″ × 11″
CPT® 2017 Professional Edition
CPT® 2017 Professional Edition is the definitive AMA-authored resource to help healthcare professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services.
Providers want accurate reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. Since the CPT® code set is a dynamic, ever-changing standard, an outdated codebook will not suffice. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT® 2017 Professional Edition.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the healthcare community, creates and maintains the CPT code set. No other publisher can claim that, and no other codebook can provide the official guidelines to code medical services and procedures properly.
Noteworthy changes to the CPT 2017 code set will be found in the following sections and subsections: Bone Biopsy, Physical Medicine, Laryngeal, Mammography, Hemodialysis Access, Vaccines, Drug Testing, and Moderate Sedation. With this edition there is a new modifier and appendix for synchronous telemedicine services.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- AMA EXCLUSIVE! Coding guidelines and parenthetical instruction — definitive guidance from the CPT Editorial Panel
- Illustrated Anatomical and Procedural Review — a quick reference review of vocabulary and anatomy basics
- Coding tips throughout each section — improve understanding of the code set’s nuances
- Evaluation and Management Reference Tables — summarize the requirements for reporting E/M services and help the user select and validate proper E/M coding
- CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations — provide cross-referenced information to essential AMA resources that enhance understanding of the CPT code set
- Comprehensive index — aids the user in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym, or abbreviation in order to allow for a clearer, quicker search
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations for key codes — help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures being discussed
- Appendix of multianalyte assays with algorithmic analyses — provides an administrative code set of single-sourced (laboratory or manufacturer) tests
- Section-specific tables of contents — provides users with a tool to navigate more effectively through each section’s codes
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions — provides an overview of 2017 changes tabular listing of Molecular Pathology
- Multiple appendices — offer quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, and vascular families