BINDING AND SIZE
8.5” x 11” – Spiral
2017 ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians
The 2017 ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians with our hallmark features and format, makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. Developed specifically to meet the needs of physicians, this code book is the cornerstone for establishing medical necessity, determining coverage, and ensuring appropriate reimbursement. Use the code book that contains the latest HIPAA mandated ICD-10-CM code set, official coding and reporting guidelines, plus the familiar Optum360 coding and reimbursement alerts you have come to rely upon.
In addition, the Expert version contains supplementary appendixes including: a coding tutorial, pharmacology listings, a list of valid 3-character codes, and additional information on Z-codes for long term use of drugs and Z-codes that can only be used as a primary diagnosis.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- New — Optum360 Edge — Illustrations and definitions in the tabular. Assign codes with confidence based on illustrations and definitions designed to highlight key components of the disease process or injury.
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. This edition includes all our visual alerts, including our hallmark color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, Medicare Code Edits (MCEs), manifestation codes, other specified codes, and unspecified codes.
- Optum360 Edge — Coding guideline explanations and examples. Detailed explanations and examples related to application of the ICD-10-CM chapter guidelines are provided at the beginning of each chapter in the tabular section.
- Optum360 Edge — Muscle/tendon translation table. Use this table to determine muscle/tendon action (flexor, extensor, other) which is a component of codes for acquired conditions and injuries affecting the muscles and tendons
- Optum360 Edge — Placeholder X. This icon, designed and used exclusively by Optum360, alerts the coder to a new ICD-10-CM convention — the use of a “placeholder X” for 3, 4, and 5 character codes requiring a 7th character extension.