MMI Healthcare Resources for Medical Professionals
MMI Healthcare Resources is a list of quick links, resources & healthcare agencies related to medical coding, billing, auditing and management to help you in your studies and career. We recommend bookmarking this link for future reference. At the bottom are additional documents (such as the CMS 1500 Form and the UB-04 Form) available to download as PDF documents.
MLN Connects™ National Provider Calls (MLN Connects Calls) is part of CMS and are educational conference calls conducted for the Medicare provider and supplier community that educate and inform participants about new policies and/or changes to the Medicare program. MLN Connects is a part of the Medicare Learning Network® (MLN)*. MLN Connects Calls offer participants a free resource provided by CMS. Each National Provider Call is worth MMI approved CEUs (1 hour = 1 CEU).
- Click here to check out the MLN Upcoming Events (worth CEUs)
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is an agency within the US Department of Health & Human Services responsible for administration of several key federal health care programs. In addition to Medicare and Medicaid, CMS oversees the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) among other services.
- Click here to visit the CMS website.
- Click here to view the ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM updates & new codes
- Click here to view updates on the HCPCS II code set.
- Click here to use the Physician Fee Schedule Look-Up Tool.
- Click here to access the Quarterly NCCI Edits.
- Click here to view the Quarterly Provider Updates (QPU) – Issuances & Regulations.
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) is the national public health institute of the United States. It is a federal agency under the US Department of Health & Human Services responsible for protecting public health and safety through the control and prevention of disease, injury, and disability.
- Click here to visit the CDC website.
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) is the U.S. government’s principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves. HHS is responsible for almost a quarter of all federal outlays and administers more grant dollars than all other federal agencies combined.
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) has been at the forefront of the Nation’s efforts to fight waste, fraud, and abuse in Medicare, Medicaid and more than 300 other HSS programs.
- Click here to visit the OIG website.
- Click here to review the OIG Compliance Guidance.
- Click here to review a list of OIG Reports & Publications.
American Medical Association (AMA) is the largest association of physicians (MDs and DOs) and medical students in the United States. The AMA publishes the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) and is the official source of the CPT® and HCPCS II code sets.
- Click here to visit the AMA website.
- Click here to review the CPT® errata and technical corrections.
- Click here to visit the JAMA Network.
- Click here to view the ICD-9-CM errata & technical corrections.
Other Helpful MMI Healthcare Resources
Helpful Documents & Downloads