MMI Healthcare Resources for Medical Professionals
MMI Healthcare Resources is a list of quick links, resources, and healthcare agencies related to medical coding, billing, auditing, and managemen. These links are designed to help you in your studies and career, so we recommend bookmarking them for future reference. At the bottom are additional documents (such as the CMS 1500 form and the UB-04 form) available to download as PDF documents.
MLN Connects™ National Provider Calls (MLN Connects Calls), a part of CMS, are educational conference calls conducted for the Medicare provider and supplier community. These calls educate and inform participants about new policies and/or changes to the Medicare program. MLN Connects is a part of the Medicare Learning Network® (MLN)* and offers participants a free resource provided by CMS. Each National Provider Call is worth MMI-approved CEUs (one hour = one CEU).
- Click here to check out the MLN upcoming events (worth CEUs)
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is an agency within the US Department of Health & Human Services and is responsible for the administration of several key federal health care programs. In addition to Medicare and Medicaid, CMS oversees the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) among other services.
- Click here to visit the CMS website.
- Click here to view the ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM updates and new codes
- Click here to view updates on the HCPCS II code set.
- Click here to use the Physician Fee Schedule Look-Up Tool.
- Click here to access the quarterly NCCI edits.
- Click here to view the Quarterly Provider Updates (QPU) – Issuances and Regulations.
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) is the national public health institute of the United States. It is a federal agency under the US Department of Health & Human Services and is responsible for protecting public health and safety through the control and prevention of disease, injury, and disability.
- Click here to visit the CDC website.
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) is the U.S. government’s principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves. HHS is responsible for almost a quarter of all federal outlays and administers more grant dollars than all other federal agencies combined.
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) has been at the forefront of the nation’s efforts to fight waste, fraud, and abuse in Medicare, Medicaid, and more than 300 other HSS programs.
- Click here to visit the OIG website.
- Click here to review the OIG compliance guidance.
- Click here to review a list of OIG reports and publications.
American Medical Association (AMA) is the largest association of physicians (MDs and DOs) and medical students in the United States. The AMA publishes the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) and is the official source of the CPT® and HCPCS II code sets.
- Click here to visit the AMA website.
- Click here to review the CPT® errata and technical corrections.
- Click here to visit the JAMA network.
- Click here to view the ICD-9-CM errata and technical corrections.
Other Helpful MMI Healthcare Resources
Helpful Documents and Downloads