Online ICD-10 Training for 2017
Codes and Guideline Changes
What is New with ICD-10?
Now that we are coming close to the end of the one-year grace period that allows unspecified codes on certain claims, you need to be ICD-10 ready for 2017 with MMI’s online ICD-10 training course. Medical coders and billers will be able to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the ICD-10 code set through this training, enabling them to know how to move forward with more specificity while also incorporating the new code sets and instructional guidelines that go into effect in 2017. Now that 5,500 new codes and guidelines are here, coding professionals need to be completely prepared for this drastic shift in the way the industry runs.
The Medical Management Institute’s ICD-10 training covers exactly how the new ICD-10 codes have changed the way we code.
The Online ICD-10 Training Covers:
- The ICD-10 code set and overall format changes in comparison to ICD-9.
- The numerous coding updates, revisions, deletions, and guideline changes taking effect in October 2017. These are organized chapter by chapter and will allow you the opportunity to focus on the areas that most affect your billing.
Online Training Highlights
- Online, self-paced training allows for a flexible learning environment.
- Ongoing support from certified industry experts.
- Interactive learning tools including practice exams and flashcards.
- Issued upon completion, the ICD-10 certificate will be worth four MMI-approved CEUs.
The necessary code changes must be made in every physician office, hospital, medical provider software, payer billing system, and abstracting system. The ICD-10 course was developed by an expert AHIMA-approved ICD-10 CM/PCS trainer. Our training will decrease transition downtime and ensure that you and your coding staff truly excel with the ICD-10-CM code set.