2020 Cardiology Coding & Reimbursement Updates Webinar
Live Webinar Date: Tuesday December 10th, 1pm est
Are you ready for the 2020 cardiology coding and reimbursement updates? Cardiology practices have faced a significant impact! Join this live session where cardiology coding and compliance expert Rhonda Granja, RMC, CPC, CMC, CMOM will cover the ins and outs of the 2020 update, including complexities that many coders and billers will face in 2020. The ICD-10 updates are already in effect and the CPT updates will follow at the beginning of the new year, so it is crucial that you and your practice are up to speed with the latest protocol.
In this 90-minute webinar, Rhonda will help coders, billers, practice managers, administrators, and physicians to gain a complete understanding of the update’s key guidelines, allowing practices everywhere to provide compliant service, receive accurate reimbursement, and ensure optimum patient care. This is a must-attend webinar that will be full of knowledge and tools you need to submit clean claims.
The training format is a live online cardiology coding webinar conducted through GoToTraining. CEU certificates will be awarded upon completion of a short online quiz.
- Estimated Length: 1.5 Hours
- Worth: 3 MMI & AAPC CEUs
Click here to view the entire live webinar continuing education course listing through MMI.
- Learn to comply with all 2020 CPT, ICD-10-CM, and Medicare updates.
- Master new ICD-10 and CPT cardiology codes.
- Review documentation, modifiers, and common denials.
- Understand the increased specificity in the updated ICD-10 codes for congestive heart failure (CHF), diabetes mellitus (DM), and hypertension (HTN).
- Use the correct codes to classify acute myocardial infarction (AMI) as Type 1 through Type 4.
- Learn new Medicare billing and compliance rules that impact cardiology coding, including HIPPA and meaningful use.
- Unravel the final 2020 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule.
- Understand new policies from Medicare’s National Correct Coding Initiative and incorrect application to modifiers.
- Discuss patient response to medication, including instances where patients refuse their prescriptions and how this will affect your ICD-10 coding.
- Review the telemedicine updates for 2020.
- Call attention to relationship modifiers X1-X5 and how to properly apply them to different types of cardio patients.
- Consider other topics that are trending now in the cardiology field, as well as how payer rules may impact reimbursement.
- Clarify critical ICD-10 changes, including those for heart failure and acute myocardial infarction codes (which will now have Type 1 and Type 2).
- Discuss subsequent and sequela 7-digit characters and new guidelines for 2020.
- Clarify complex CPT updates for pacemakers and implantable defibrillators.
- Learn key changes to the final Medicare Physician Fee Schedule.
- Review NCCI edits and how they will impact cardiology practices.
- Explore 2020 RVUs for cardiology.
- Learn how to correctly document and report catheter lab services (diagnostic coronary angiograms, staged interventions), pacemakers, valve replacements, implantable defibrillators, anticoagulant management, and chest x-rays.
- Fully understand cardiology coding and billing guidelines for moderate or conscious sedation in order to avoid denials.
- Learn new codes and payment methodology for telemedicine.
- Understand new codes added to the 2020 multiple procedure fee reduction list.
- Review Medicare billing updates for cardiology practices.
- Discuss trending topics within the cardiology field.
About The Instructor
About the Instructor
Rhonda Granja, RMC, CMA, CMC, CPC, CMOM. Rhonda is an Instructor and Education Specialist with Medical Management Institute. She has over 25 years of experience in medical coding and reimbursement. Rhonda has trained and mentored hundreds of students in the fields of medical coding, auditing, billing, and practice management. She has also trained hundreds of physicians, clinicians, and practice managers in E/M guidelines, as well as advanced coding, reimbursement, and compliance for cardiology and OB/GYN.
Rhonda is the current president of her local AAPC chapter in Concord, NC, as well as an active member of Medical Management Institute, Medical Group Manager’s Association, and the Consumer Family Advisory Committee. Rhonda has a wealth of experience in healthcare, and her passion for speaking and high-energy style gets attendees excited about learning!
Online Training Format
Online Training Format
After registering for the webinar by purchasing online, our Member Services Team will give you registration instructions for the Absorb Learning Site.
After watching the webinar, you will be directed to answer a short questionnaire. Upon successful completion of these questions, you will receive your printable CEU certificate from MMI.
MMI Member Pricing
MMI Member Pricing
As a member of Medical Management Institute, you will have access to special member pricing for all MMI live webinars. To access this pricing, please log into YOUR Absorb Learning Site HERE. If you are purchasing for an employee, friend, or family member, use their Absorb login information to purchase. DO NOT CREATE YOUR OWN LOGIN.
For the 2020 Cardiology Coding webinar, your special pricing will be only $59.
Once you log into your Absorb Learning Site, please visit the course catalog and search for the course name.
If you have any questions or need help purchasing or navigating, please contact us at 866-892-2765 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.