BINDING AND SIZE
8.5” x11” Spiral
2020 ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians (with guidelines)
The ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians with our hallmark features and format makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier than ever. Developed specifically to meet the needs of physicians, the Optum360 code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set which is the cornerstone for establishing medical necessity, determining coverage, and ensuring appropriate reimbursement. This latest version now contains a new symbol in the tabular to identify codes associated with hierarchical condition categories (HCC). Supplementary appendixes available only in the expert edition include: 2018 deleted code list; pharmacology listings; Z-codes for long term use of drugs and associated drug names; and Z-codes used only as primary diagnosis.
Key Features and Benefits
- New — Optum360 Edge — Coding Tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, with more new coding tips added to assist you in appropriate code selection.
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, HCCs, QPP and unspecified codes
- Optum360 Edge — More definitions. More clinical definitions are added for a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2020 new, revised, and deleted codes to identify at a glance code changes for your specialty. Plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Guidelines with coding examples – Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter- specific coding examples
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.