2021 E/M Changes Webinar
Now Available On Demand
For the first time since 1997, CMS and the AMA have decided to significantly alter documentation requirements for the coding and bill of evaluation and management (E/M) visit codes. These new documentation guidelines will go into effect for dates of service of January 1, 2021. For physicians who bill Medicare and Medicaid, these new documentation guidelines are intended to reduce the administrative burden on outpatient office visits, but, while the new guidelines require less documentation, they also come with a flattening of reimbursement rates for all but the most time-intensive and complex visits. As such, the AMA will be making changes to the 2021 descriptions of these outpatient visit codes (99202-99205, 99211-99215, – 99201 will be deleted altogether) to better align the codes with the new documentation requirements.
During this 90-minute webinar, instructor Monica Grimmett will cover all the major upcoming changes to the 2021 E/M code set. No matter your specialty or the size of your practice, this webinar is an ideal way to make sure that you are prepared for the changes and ready to keep the revenue cycle flowing smoothly all year long.
Who Should Attend?
- Practice managers
- Practice administrators
- Anyone looking to join one of these fields in the coming year.
- 99201 will be deleted.
- New add-on G code(s) for billing of additional resources “associated with primary care”
- Updated CMS Table of Risk will need to be reviewed by those practices that continue to factor in MDM
- 15-minute prolonged services code has will be created for 2021 to be used as an add-on code to 99205 and 99215 (previous prolonged services codes were billed in 30-minute increments)
- Documentation to likely because even more template-drive
- Less documentation overall likely (especially if doing time-based only)
- Does staff need to be retrained?
- Documentation of medical history is limited to what’s changed and any new complaints that need to be evaluated.
- Time-based model vs. MDM-based. What works best with your physician(s) and how will it change?
- No more documentation of medical necessity necessary. Ability to code based solely on time spent with the patient
- Less likely to be subject to E/M coding audits as there will only be 2 payment levels
- Create Excel tool that calculates financial impact based on most recent CMS data for 99201-99215
- Calculate: amount of additional time docs would have to spend with patients to maintain revenue.
The training format is a live online webinar conducted through GoToTraining. You will receive your official CEU certificate upon completion of a short online quiz that will become available after the webinar.
- Estimated Length: 1.5 hours
- Worth: 3 CEUs
Click here to view the entire live webinar continuing education course listing through MMI.
About The Instructor
About The Instructor
Monica Grimmett, CPC-I, CPC, CRC, CPAR, CFC, a Revenue Cycle and Healthcare Administrator Consultant, is a seasoned, results-driven professional with over 22 years of healthcare experience in a customer service capacity.
Ms. Grimmett is a Certified Financial Counselor as well as a Certified Patient Account Representative via Healthcare Financial Management Associates – Georgia Chapter, an AAPC Member (Atlanta Perimeter Georgia Chapter) and a Certified Risk Adjustment Coder, Certified Professional Coder and Coding Instructor via AAPC.
Online Training Format
Online Training Format for 2021 E/M Changes Webinar
Once you register for the webinar by purchasing online, our Member Services Team will contact you. You will receive a link to the live webinar as well as instructions on how to access all items necessary.
After watching the webinar, you will be directed to answer a short questionnaire in order to receive your printable CEU certificate. Lastly, although you can take the quiz anytime within 30 days of the webinar.
MMI Member Pricing
MMI Member Pricing
As a member of Medical Management Institute, you will have access to special member pricing for all MMI Live Webinars. To access this pricing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a member pricing invoice for this webinar.
For the 2021 E/M Changes Updates Live Webinar, member pricing is $60 per member.
If you have any questions or need help purchasing or navigating, please contact us at 866-892-2765.