How to Prepare Your Medical Practice for the 2020 Coronavirus
Now Available On Demand
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states, “On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak, first identified in Wuhan China. The new name of this disease is coronavirus disease 2019, abbreviated as COVID-19. There are many types of human coronaviruses including some that commonly cause mild upper-respiratory tract illnesses. COVID-19 is a new disease, caused be a novel (or new) coronavirus that has not previously been seen in humans.”
During this 90-minute webinar, Tony Mistretta, COO of MMI will cover how to be prepared to deal with the impending coronavirus (COVID-19) public health crisis that is already underway in the United States.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone working in healthcare, including, but not limited to:
- Physicians and Physician Extenders
- Medical Coders and Billers
- Internal Auditors
- Compliance Officers
- Front Desk Staff
- First Responders
- Signs and symptoms to look for in presenting patients that could indicate potential infection prior to a definitive diagnosis.
- Going through protocols for clinical, business continuity, risk mitigation, and facility maintenance professionals to ensure all are on the same page.
- Overview of the ICD-10-CM and HCPCS emergency code updates that have been fast-tracked to “ensure” proper reimbursement for physician efforts.
- Best practices for hygienic and safe interactions with those who may present with COVID-19 and how to ensure the facility is unlikely to spread the virus on shared surfaces.
- Recommendations for prophylactic, brand-agnostic protective gear and interaction protocols that will minimize risk for contraction of the virus.
- Estimated Length: 1.5 hours
- Worth: 3 CEUs
- Click here to view the entire live webinar continuing education course listing through MMI.
About The Instructor
Tony Mistretta, COO of MMI worked for MMI’s Product’s Department from 1997 to 2006 in a variety of roles and developed, wrote, edited, layed out, and published hundreds of books and software programs that focused on the business of healthcare. He then spent 18+ months with Contexo Media transitioning all of MMI’s sales, marketing, product development and management, and executive functions to the Salt Lake City team, while also performing his primary duties as Vice President of Product Management, a 3 month stint as head of Marketing, and working with Contexo’s CTO. Tony and his then-wife adopted their younger daughter from Chonqing, China in September of 2008. They also co-parent a 19 year old child who is a sophomore in college. Tony lives in the Atlanta metro area and returned to MMI on January 20th of this year!
Online Training Format
Once you register for the webinar by purchasing online, our Member Services Team will contact you. You will receive a link to the live webinar as well as instructions on how to access all items necessary.
After watching the webinar, you will be directed to answer a short questionnaire in order to receive your printable CEU certificate. Lastly, although you can take the quiz anytime within 30 days of the webinar.
ARHCP Member Pricing
As a member of ARHCP, you will have access to special member pricing for all MMI Live Webinars. To access this pricing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a member pricing invoice for this webinar.
For the Career Development Resources Live Webinar, member pricing is $60 per member.
If you have any questions or need help purchasing or navigating, please contact us at 866-892-2765.