Have you been thinking about becoming a medical coder, but COVID-19 put your plans on hold? Now is a better time than ever to begin training to become a coder. With COVID-19, many healthcare systems are realizing the importance of non-clinician staff, like coders and how much they contribute. Many practices are still hiring for coders and other non-clinician staff and will continue to as more states begin to slowly open.
Medical Management Institute (MMI) has a 12-week Online Instructor Led Coding Course beginning Thursday, May 21, 2020. The May Instructor Led Course will be taught by Monica Grimmett, CPC-I, CPC, CRC, CPAR, CFC.
Monica is a Revenue Cycle and Healthcare Administrator Consultant, is a seasoned, results-driven professional with over 22 years of healthcare experience in a customer service capacity. She is a Certified Financial Counselor as well as a Certified Patient Account Representative via Healthcare Financial Management Associates – Georgia Chapter, an AAPC Member (Atlanta Perimeter Georgia Chapter) and a Certified Risk Adjustment Coder, Certified Professional Coder and Coding Instructor via AAPC.
The Online Instructor Led Coding Course is for:
- Someone who is already in the healthcare field, but wants to learn more about coding and obtain a certification
- Someone who is completely new to the healthcare field and wants to begin a successful career path in medical coding
- Anyone in between the two
Instructor Led Coding Course Program Includes:
- 12 Week Guided Course
- Weekly live webinars with Monica and other students in the course
- All webinars are recorded and available the next day for viewing on demand
- Password protected learning account that guides you through the program and coding concepts
- Weekly pre-work to be sure you can navigate the coding books that correlates with the week’s reading, quiz, and homework assignments
- Weekly online quizzes to be sure you are understanding that week’s reading
- Unlimited attempts at all quizzes
- Weekly homework assignments that the instructor will review on each webinar
- Additional Exam Review webinar with the instructor
- Practice exam with unlimited attempts
- Registered Medical Coder (RMC) Certification Exam
- Two attempts on the certification exam
- Support from the instructor throughout the duration of the course
- Year membership with the Association of Registered Healthcare Professionals (ARHCP) after successful completion of the certification exam
We would love to see you in our May Instructor Led Coding Course. Learn More and Register Here
Please email us if you have any questions about the course or payment options.