Medical Billing Certification – RMB
Students will be able to start the RMB medical billing certification and training with the very basics. You will begin with an introduction to the ICD-10-CM, CPT®, and HCPCS II code sets before diving deeper into every aspect of the billing and revenue cycle. The RMB certification is authorized through the State of GA Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (NPEC) which requires an annual update exam on the current year’s coding changes (also administered online and included in the annual renewal fee).
Who is this Medical Billing Certification for?
If you are new to the field, the RMB certification is highly recommended, however it is also incredibly popular amongst medical coding and billing professionals, physician extenders, medical managers, and compliance officers. This certification is for people who are interested in the billing aspects of a physician practice, who already have some experience working in a heatlthcare setting, and who want to advance in their careers. It is also common for many people who are already in the field and want to get a certification to prove their knowledge and make sure they are not missing any guidelines. It is ideal that you have a basic anatomy and terminology background in order to succeed.
The RMB medical billing certification and training offers:
- An edge in the competitive healthcare field
- Professional documentation that you will improve the revenue cycle of nearly any healthcare practice through medical billing, an essential aspect of compliant and profitable practices
- Detailed insurance training related to the types of medical insurance, clearing houses, carrier processing, and explanation of benefits
- Assurance to the physician(s) that you have been trained and tested under strict requirements authorized by the Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (NPEC)
- Introduction to medical billing
- Medical records
- Types of medical insurance and fee schedules
- Posting charges and filing claims
- Procedural coding
- ICD-10 and HCPCS coding and modifiers
- Insurance carrier processing and explanation of benefits
- Posting payments and appeals process
- Patient billing and collections
- Managing the revenue cycle
- Simulated practice exam (unlimited attempts)
About the Instructor
- CPT® Professional Edition (current year), AMA Publisher
- ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians (current year)
- HCPCS Level II (current year)
These textbooks are not included but are available to purchase through MMI at a discounted rate when enrolling in the program.
This program is recommended to students who are new to medical billing and coding as well as medical professionals who have a background in medical coding and/or billing, specifically in the outpatient/physician office setting. Medical coding training and certification programs are available online through MMI.
Online Training Format
You will have an account created upon enrolling in the program, which will allow you to begin training online. The platform includes engaging reading material and interactive learning tools consisting of practice exams and e-flashcards to test your knowledge and progress throughout. Additionally, this training includes instructor support via email/phone, so you will have access to MMI’s network of certified instruction staff throughout your studies.
Upon completion of the training program, you will be given access to the RMB certification exam, proctored online through MMI’s learning platform. The results will be available immediately upon submitting the exam. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will officially be a Registered Medical Biller and member of the Medical Management Institute. We will mail you the RMB certificate and membership card, and you will receive the benefits of an MMI membership for one year.
Payment Plan & Group Rates
Payment Plan through PayPal:
If you would like to set up a payment plan through PayPal, you can do so at the checkout page by following the instructions below:
- Select the “Checkout with PayPal” button after placing training in cart
- Log in with your PayPal account (or create a new one)
- Select the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the page
Payment Plan through MMI:
Contact an MMI representative to set up an interest-free payment plan option through the Medical Management Institute. Typically, a down payment of $250 is required and the remaining balance is paid off over five months (processed on the 15th of each month following).
Discounted rates are available upon request for groups of three or more. Contact us to get started.